[Avodah] 10 tribes -- exile without redemption

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jun 26 09:15:39 PDT 2017

On this thread, did any of us mention birkhas ge'ulah? "Ufdeih
khin'umekha Yehudah veYisrael" expresses our expectation that Hashem
will redeem both malkhios. Or is there another way to talk separately
about Yehudah and Yisrael.

So I would think the siddur pasqens, and this is in all traditional
nusachos, that the 1- tribes are not permanently lost.

I am assuming since this is a birkhas shevakh rather than baqashah,
this is an expectation "you will surely redeem", and not a request.
Requesting the impossible is a tefillas shav. So...

As a baqashah, the berakhah would only prove they could be redeemed;
as shevakh (which is, I believe, the correct category), the berakhah is
expressing our faith they will be redeemed.

Micha Berger             A wise man is careful during the Purim banquet
micha at aishdas.org        about things most people don't watch even on
http://www.aishdas.org   Yom Kippur.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                       - Rav Yisrael Salanter