[Avodah] Sheva Berakhos without the couple

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jun 26 07:06:43 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jun 25, 2017 at 04:10:45PM +0300, elazar teitz via Avodah wrote:
: hurtful.  It would also seem that if one person has to leave, he should not
: request two others to join him in zimmun unless they, too, must leave
: early, since otherwise they should not violate their obligation of proper
: zimmun so that the one leaving have an incomplete fulfillment of his
: obligation.

OTOH, if they have an obligation to bless the chasan and kalah,
perhaps the threshold for "must leave early" has to be raised.

After all, there are cases of need where we do break a zimmun,
but we would never (e.g.) walk out on a beris milah over the same
motivation. "Need" is a relative term.

Micha Berger             A wise man is careful during the Purim banquet
micha at aishdas.org        about things most people don't watch even on
http://www.aishdas.org   Yom Kippur.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                       - Rav Yisrael Salanter