[Avodah] Support for Maaseh Satan

Akiva Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Jun 24 22:01:36 PDT 2017

.

R' Eli Turkel wrote:

> R Yoel bin Nun has given this argument for many years. He
> understands DL and Satmar but claims that the Agudah position
> basically denies that G-d affects history. We now have a
> state for some 70 years that appears to be very successful
> but is against the wishes of G-d.

Could you please explain to me what the Agudah position is, and *how*
it denies that G-d affects history?

Personally, I do not know what the Agudah position is about the
Medinah. I'm not convinced that they even *have* a position. Over the
years, I have gotten the impression that they have deliberately
avoided publicizing their views, because at this point in history it
is so difficult to be sure of such things. You yourself concede that
the state "APPEARS" to be successful. Who knows?

Akiva Miller