[Avodah] Meraglim and Zionists

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Jun 13 18:09:04 PDT 2017

On Tue, Jun 13, 2017 at 10:57:19PM +0200, Ben Waxman via Avodah wrote:
: Or they were part of a self fulling prophecy. Instead of going in
: confident in themselves and in God's ways, they chose to second
: guess God. The Bnei Yisrael who had actually seen Yitziat Mitzrayim
: would have gone into Israel...

Or not. After all, Hashem didn't pick that generation for a reason.
Apparently they didn't just sin, but they sinned in a way that made
working with them a bad idea.

And even before that
    Vayehi beshalach Par'oh es ha'am
    velo nacham E-lokim derekh Eretz Pelishtim
    ki qarov hu,
    ki amar E-lokim,
    "Pen yinacheim ha'am bir'osam milchamah veshavu Mitzrayim"

Remember, they were also stuck with a slave mentality.

But I agree with your point, about the self-fulfilling prophecy.

Micha Berger             I thank God for my handicaps, for, through them,
micha at aishdas.org        I have found myself, my work, and my God.
http://www.aishdas.org                - Helen Keller
Fax: (270) 514-1507