[Avodah] 10 tribes -- exile without redemption

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Jun 9 13:03:01 PDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 09, 2017 at 03:51:40PM -0400, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: >In Yevamos...
: >Shemu'el (17a) actively sought and found a way to prove that by his
: >day, the descendent of the 10 shevatim were non-Jews.
:
: Actively sought and found?!  He simply gave a historical fact

"Amar lei: Lo zazu misham ad she'as'um aku"m gemurim." I misspoke;
he was reporting that others proactively looked for a way to hold the
issur wouldn't hold. (I remember "lo azuz...")

:                                                                the
: women of that generation were all miraculously sterile so there
: never were any descendants.  Rav Assi hadn't been aware of this.

That's Ravina.

Shemu'el works from Hosheia 5:7, "BaH' bogdu, ku banim zarim yuladu".
Which is inconsistent with Ravina. Whom I forgot about entirely.

:-)BBii!

Micha Berger             What you get by achieving your goals
micha at aishdas.org        is not as important as
http://www.aishdas.org   what you become by achieving your goals.
Fax: (270) 514-1507              - Henry David Thoreau