[Avodah] support?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Jun 4 12:33:42 PDT 2017

On Sun, Jun 04, 2017 at 09:59:23AM +0000, Rich, Joel via Avodah wrote:
: Not a maaseh shehaya but I'd appreciate your thoughts: Reuvain is a
: Modern Orthodox senior citizen. In his community, presumed social negiah
: restrictions are generally not observed...

A real maaseh shahayah, which would liely garner the same thoughts.

One day, around 10am, the woman sitting in the cubicle next to mine
gets a call on her cell, and after a few moments had her screaming
and crying. It was the Salvation Army, where her son volunteered and
lived. He didn't wake up that morning.

Another co worker of ours, a yehivish guy who grew up in Israel but lives
in Lakewood, got us a conference room, dialed some phone calls for her --
the coronor's office and the like. He was clearly cfrom communities in
which persumed social negi'ah restrictions are fully observed.

But when our co worker broke down in a fresh round of crying, he put
his arm around her.

I think to do anything else is to be a tzadiq shoteh. But I never asked
a she'eilah; that was just my gut reaction at the time.

Micha Berger             Life isn't about finding yourself
micha at aishdas.org        Life is about creating yourself.
http://www.aishdas.org                - Bernard Shaw
Fax: (270) 514-1507