[Avodah] Should one stand for the Aseres Hadibros?

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Jun 2 03:32:23 PDT 2017

On 02/06/17 05:14, ADE wrote:
> On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 1:17 PM, Zev Sero wrote:

>> Everywhere I've been, the baal korei stops and people stand up one
>> pasuk *before* the 10 dibros and the shira, specifically for this
>> reason.

 > Not sure how this solves the difficulty, the people who do this are
 > still being machshiv some pesukim over others.

There is no requirement to treat all pesukim exactly the same.  One is
entitled to stand or sit during KhT as one wishes, and has no obligation
to choose one policy and stick to it.  The problem is only with standing
up for special pesukim, such as Shma or the 10D.  Since there's nothing
special about the pasuk before the 10D, there's no problem with deciding
to stand for it.  And when the special pesukim come along one is already
standing, so one has no obligation to sit down.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all