[Avodah] Should one stand for the Aseres Hadibros?

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 29 05:17:08 PDT 2017

On 29/05/17 01:01, elazar teitz via Avodah wrote:
>       I believe there is a simple solution allowing everyone to keep his
> minhag, whether it be to stand for the reading of Aseres haDibros or not
> to single out the Dibros for special treatment, and yet not have two
> different practices taking place in the shul: let everyone stand for the
> entire aliya in which the dibros appear.  For those who feel the dibros
> merit standing, they are indeed standing.  For those who feel that the
> dibros should not be singled out, they aren't, since no one stands up
> specifically for the dibros -- they are already standing when the k'ria
> of the dibros begins.  Nor is there a problem when the dibros end, since
> their end is always the end of the aliya.

Everywhere I've been, the baal korei stops and people stand up one pasuk
*before* the 10 dibros and the shira, specifically for this reason.
(Personally I stand for the whole leining so it's not an issue for me,
but this is what I've seen.)

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all