[Avodah] Naso

Akiva Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 28 16:53:42 PDT 2017

Cantor Wolberg cited a story with an apparent contradiction, and
resolved the contradiction this way:

> Rebbe Yossi HaKohen taught that when it comes to sins between
> man and God, God can 'turn His face' towards a person. He can
> show favor and forgive, even where it isn't warranted. But
> when it comes to interpersonal sins, God does not lift His
> face. It is up to the person who has been wronged to lift his
> or her face towards the offender.
>
> So just as religious or ritual behavior is important, the
> Torah delivers a clear message that behaving appropriately
> towards other human beings is equally important.

It seems to me that although religious or ritual behavior is
important, Rebbe Yossi HaKohen is teaching us that behaving
appropriately towards other human beings is EVEN MORE important.

Akiva Miller