[Avodah] My tree grows into your garden, can you force me to trim the tree?

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 23 12:38:00 PDT 2017

[Added textual mar'eh meqomos alongside the links. -micha]

On 23/05/17 13:54, Marty Bluke via Avodah wrote:
> We have a tree that is growing into our neighbors garden and they would
> like us to cut down/off the branches that are growing into their garden.
> Strictly speaking al pi din, am I chayav to cut down the branches that
> are on/over their property? I would like to understand what the chiyuv
> is al pi din.

These would seem to be dispositive:

[Rambam, Hilkhos Shekheinim 10:11:]
http://www.mechon-mamre.org/i/c310.htm#11

[SA CM 155:26:]
https://he.wikisource.org/wiki/%D7%A9%D7%95%D7%9C%D7%97%D7%9F_%D7%A2%D7%A8%D7%95%D7%9A_%D7%97%D7%95%D7%A9%D7%9F_%D7%9E%D7%A9%D7%A4%D7%98_%D7%A7%D7%A0%D7%94_%D7%9B%D7%95

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all