[Avodah] Chamets Sale, the one that got away

Akiva Miller via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri May 19 13:39:55 PDT 2017

R' Micha Berger wrote:

> BYBY is a unique concept of ownership that differs
> from choshein mishpat, and is not baalus.

We can see a connection between BYBY and "responsibility" by the
situation of a shomer. Even in a situation where a shomer is
absolutely not the owner or baal in any sense of the term, he will
still violate BYBY if he is responsible for the chometz that he is
watching.

(I don't know which side of the discussion this supports, but it seems
very relevant to *some* side, so I figured I'd mention it.)

Akiva Miller