[Avodah] nidche

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat May 6 22:53:26 PDT 2017

OTOH, the customs of Sefira have leeway. One can shave if Rosh Chodesh
Iyar falls on Erev Shabbat. People don't say Tachanun on Pesach Sheni, a
day which has absolutely no bearing on our lives today, certainly not in
any practical manner.

More importantly, the entire custom seems to be malleable. Yehudei
Ashkenaz shifted the entire time frame to better reflect the events of
the Crusades (according to Professor Sperber).

Ben
On 5/5/2017 6:20 AM, Yosef Gavriel Bechhofer via Avodah wrote:
 > On Purim Meshulash, the Al HaNisim remains on Shabbos, and the Megillah
 > with the bracha is relocated to the day everyone else is celebrating.
 > Moreover, there is no clash between simcha on 16 Adar and some
 > pre-existing minhag to diminish simcha. Those are some of the
differences.