[Avodah] Nidche

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 2 21:48:48 PDT 2017

There is an oversimplification here, that the issue is the secular. Yom
Hazikaron/Yom Azmaut are unique in that they are pushed off even if they
don't start on Shabbat but even on Motzash. Getting the country ready
for these days means hundreds, thousands of people have to be in place.
This includes soldiers, policemen, etc who are 100% dati.

Holding these events on a date that would force these people to work on
Shabbat is simply a non-starter and everyone understands that point.

I have to add the following: My dream is that people will come to
understand how wrong it is to make people (including dati'im) work on
Shabbat when Lag B'omer falls on Motzash and will take the appropriate
steps.
Ben

On 5/2/2017 8:50 PM, Avram Sacks wrote:
 > He added that it is fitting and proper that we, as a dati community
care about those who are not yet observant, rather than say, we will
observe YhA on hey Iyar and not care about what others will do.