[Avodah] Nidche

Avram Sacks via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue May 2 11:50:17 PDT 2017

Cong Or Torah in Skokie said tachanun at shacharit, but not at mincha
on erev Yom Ha-Atzmaut.    On YhA, at ma'ariv we added additional
tehillim at the end of davening, as found in the Koren siddur for Yom
HaAtzmaut. At shacharit we did not say tachanun and davened full hallel
(but w/out a bracha at the beginning and end.)    Betwen mincha and
ma'ariv on erev YhA, Rabbi Engel gave a similar drash, adding that it
is a beautiful thing that all of klal yisrael, observant, or not yet
observant, accepts that the day of celebration is as celebrated in
Israel, even when it is moved to avoid chilul shabbat.     He added
that it is fitting and proper that we, as a dati community care about
those who are not yet observant, rather than say, we will observe YhA
on hey Iyar and not care about what others will do.

Kol tuv,
Avi
Avram Sacks