[Avodah] Nidche

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon May 1 12:35:58 PDT 2017

On a lighter, more aggadic note, my father suggested that the existence
of a country which would adjust its national holidays to minimize chilul
Shabbos is the very thing a Religious Zionist would be celebrating on
Yom haAtzmaaut.

Which reminds me of something Rav Dovid Lifshitz said about Yom
haAtzma'ut. Rebbe said that Atzma'ut is something special, and certainly
worth celebrating. But for now YhA is only half a holiday. We established
the atzma'ut of Yisrael, but are still missing its etzem.

To rephrase into my father's words: It is worthwhile to celebrate the
existence of a country which would adjust its national holidays to
minimize chilul Shabbos, but what we pray for is the existence of a
country that wouldn't have to!

micha at aishdas.org        2 weeks and 6 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Yesod sheb'Tifferes: What role does harmony
Fax: (270) 514-1507                   play in maintaining relationships?