[Avodah] Burning sold chameitz

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Apr 30 10:22:33 PDT 2017

On Wed, Apr 12, 2017 at 09:45:20PM +0200, Ben Waxman via Avodah wrote:
: http://bit.ly/2pui5Hy
: ...
: OK. But today i looked at the contract used to authorize the
: rabbinate to sell one's chameitz (linked above). It says very
: clearly, that they are selling ALL of a person's chameitz....
:
: So my question returns: would someone burn chameitz that they found?

I think the "out" is the clause "sheyeish lanu ba'alus alava". So,
chameitz that you didn't have baalus on, but was delivered on Pesach
wouldn't be included. (And would be a davar shelo ba le'olam, even if
you did try to include it.)

No, that doesn't cover things you owned since before Pesach and were
unware "delo chazisei" that you only found on Pesach.

OTOH, wasn't that stuff already mevutal anyway?