[Avodah] Two days [was: kitniyot]

Lisa Liel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Apr 28 02:33:41 PDT 2017

I think it's a false dichotomy.  We assume that zman matan Toratenu is
the calendar date on which the Torah was given.  Clearly, that's not the
case.  Zman matan Toratenu is 50 days after the calendar date on which
we left Egypt.  Our receiving the Torah was an inextricable part of the
Exodus.

Lisa

On 4/28/2017 5:58 AM, Sholom Simon via Avodah wrote:
> The link between Shavuos and Matan Torah is  an artifact of our fixed
>> calendar; when kidush hachodesh was going Shavuos was not always on zman
>> matan toraseinu.
>
> Leading to an obvious question: did they say "zman matan toraseinu"
> when davening if Shavuos wasn't on zman matan toraseinu that year?

---