[Avodah] Chol Moed Minyan for Those Who Wear Tefillen

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Apr 26 22:54:20 PDT 2017

On Thu, Apr 27, 2017 at 01:24:46AM +0000, Joseph Kaplan via Avodah wrote:
: One might respond that they are not ignoring these eminent
: authorities. ...                                     Rav Moshe asserts
: that American Jewry constitutes "a massive Shnei Batei Din Be'ir Echad"
: and we do not violate Lo Titgodedu. For example, the Rama (O.C. 493:3)
: writes that disparate observances of the Omer mourning period in a single
: community violate Lo Titgodedu. Rav Moshe writes, though, that this does
: not apply in cities like Brooklyn and Manhattan where the situation of
: Shnei Batei Din Be'ir Echad pertains.
: The same might apply to the dispute regarding Tefillin on Chol Hamoed...

So, that answers the OP.

Next question.. How long are we /supposed/ to continue being 2 BD be'ir
echad, following the minhagim of our ancestral communities, rather
than invoking lo sisgodedu and combining into communal minhagim in our
current communities?

EY is nearly there WRT tefillin on ch"m, with only a few holdouts
like KAJ.

micha at aishdas.org        2 weeks and 2 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Gevurah sheb'Tifferes: What type of discipline
Fax: (270) 514-1507                             does harmony promote?