[Avodah] kitniyot

Lisa Liel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Apr 22 14:21:23 PDT 2017

On 4/21/2017 7:38 PM, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> I would suggest that, like the format of birkhas hachodesh, the whole
> taqanah was an excuse to keep alive the idea that qiddush hachodesh
> ought to be al pi re'iyah.

That's a real possibility.  In addition, I suggest that halakha is
intended to be feasible without any technology.  Just imagine changing
something this fundamental to rely on an electronic network that will
inevitably be subject to attack by EMPs at some point.  I don't think it
would be responsible.

Lisa