[Avodah] kitniyot

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Apr 8 20:22:26 PDT 2017

If the issue was jealousy of sefardim, people would want to drop the
minhag entirely. There is that, but only on the fringe.

These chumrot seem like a false imposition, something someone invented.
You can only hear "when I was a kid, we ate X, Y, Z" or "I went to a
shiur and the rav said X, Y, Z are muttar" so many times before asking
yourself "so  why don't we eat X, Y, Z"?

And yes, intermarriage is a huge factor.