[Avodah] Shul Practices

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Apr 4 20:45:53 PDT 2017

On 04/04/17 17:27, Ben Bradley via Avodah wrote:
> Given that the whole reason for having a designated baal koreh in the
> first place was to save the embarassment of those who can't read their
> own aliya, I'm bemused by the permission for someone to decide they'd
> like to read their own aliya.

Since knowing how to lein, and especially knowing how to lein any given
aliyah, is no longer an expected skill in most communities, it's no
longer embarrassing that one doesn't know how, so if someone wants to do
his own, why not?

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all