[Avodah] A Holiday Afterthought

Cantor Wolberg via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Jun 1 18:46:10 PDT 2017

In our personal religious commitments there are those among
us scrupulous in performance of the ceremonial mitzvot but at
the same time displaying reckless disregard of our elementary
duties towards our fellowman. Halacha embraces human life
in its totality. One of the great Lithuanian mussar sages made
a fascinating remark that it is much easier to complete the study
of the entire Babylonian Talmud than to extricate a single anti-social
trait from our behavior!

A quitter never wins, and a winner never quits.
Anonymous