[Avodah] L'sheim shmayim

Michael Feldstein via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed May 24 13:42:08 PDT 2017

> I am not expressing an opinion here on the permissibility of maharats, or
> of women's ordination. I merely wish to express my respect for those on
> both sides of this important question, and my hope that the dispute will
> remain on the level of a machloket l'shem shamayim and that ultimately all
> of us will benefit from this challenging and passionate conversation.
>
> ----------------------

Thank you for your thoughtful post, Ilana.  I have found that discussions
about the subject of hiring a maharat tend to get very personal because
those who support
shuls hiring a maharat are quickly accused of being agenda driven ... and
of not having
a recognized posek to support their halachic position.   The discussions
rarely focus on
the relevant halachic issues.

It's nice to hear someone who is willing to respect the other side...and
recognize that
the discussion is a machlokes l'sheim shamayim.

--
Michael Feldstein
Stamford, CT