[Avodah] P.O.P. Paradox Of Pesach

Cantor Wolberg via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Apr 6 14:37:34 PDT 2017

A great ambivalence is to be found in the symbolism of the Seder.
On one hand, the white kitel is a manifestation of joy and purity,
and on the other hand, it is also the shroud of death. An egg is a
token of mourning, but at the Seder it recalls the korban chagigah,
the additional sacrifice brought to assure joy on Pesach. The
matzah is the bread of affliction as well as the food of freedom baked in
haste as our forefathers rushed out of Egypt.

The very word individual which refers to a single person ends with
DUAL. Pesach brings out the duality of man but through the unity
of the family, we are able to live with cognitive dissonance, paradox
and conflict.

“We may have different points of arguments from perspectives of belief, faith and religion.
But we must not hate each other. We are one human family.”
― Lailah Gifty Akita, (Think Great: Be Great!)