[Avodah] [Areivim] L'sheim shmayim

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun May 28 19:20:24 PDT 2017

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 05:15:03AM +0200, Ben Waxman wrote:
: If "black letter law" is the criteria, then issues like womens
: Megila readings and women dancing with a Sefer Torah disappear. All
: the opposition because these practices are not "Torat Sabba" doesn't
: even begin if all we do is ask "Muttar? Yes? Fine".

I am totally at lost as to your intent. Megillah reading or dancing with
a sefer Torah are reducible to black-letter law. In contrast to, for
example, deciding how to triage my tzedaqah donations.

Wehther that reduction can be done within vanilla halachic process or
by appeal to metahalakhah, or by appeal to the general "feel" of halakhah
-- like the Rambam's "li nir'eh" -- is a different question.

But either way, the question exists.

So, what do you mean?

micha at aishdas.org        6 weeks and 5 days in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Hod sheb'Malchus: What is glorious about
Fax: (270) 514-1507               unity-how does it draw out one's soul?