[Avodah] One Hundred Percent

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Apr 28 12:07:20 PDT 2017

I heard this from the late R Hershel Fogelman, of Worcester MA:

The passuk says "ha'elef lecha Shelomo, umasayim lenotrim es piryo".
What does this mean?  The Gemara (Chulin 87a) says that the opportunity
to say a bracha is worth ten golden coins.  So we owe You, Melech
Shehashalom Shelo, 1000 coins.  But on Shabbos we are short 200.  Who
makes up these 200?  Those who keep it with fruit.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all