[Avodah] Toilet Paper on Chol haMoed

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Apr 16 14:10:09 PDT 2017

On Sun, Apr 16, 2017 at 2:40am EDT, RnTK wrote:
:> R Shlomo Katz asked the  following on  Facebook
:> https://www.facebook.com/groups/1344775595566571/permalink/1468822016495261/
:>  Let me run an idea by you guys...

:> 1. Tearing toilet paper is  melacha.......

:> 4. Therefore, you should tear toilet paper for 7  or 8 days before the
:> beginning of Pesach and  Sukkot.

: It seems to me you are no more obligated to tear toilet paper for the whole
: week than you are to do all your cooking for the whole week before the yom
: tov.

Actually, the heter is that the food tastes better when made closer to
eating time. But if one is talking about food that would taste as good
if made days ahead (including the logistical limitations of storage),
one is actually supposed to be cooking it before YT.

:-)||ii!

Micha Berger             Today is the 5th day
micha at aishdas.org        in/toward the omer.
http://www.aishdas.org   Hod sheb'Chesed: What kinds of Chesed take
Fax: (270) 514-1507                       away my independence?