[Avodah] Pesach - Lecithin does not render chocolate non-KLP for Ashkenasim

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Mar 23 22:25:10 PDT 2017

1) Has anyone on this list EVER strained milk and found chameitz (or
anything else)? Have you even spoken to someone who did?
2) The prohibition of being m'vateil an issur applies to the super
corporations that run the milk industry?

On 3/23/2017 5:36 AM, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
 > The reason to buy milk (or any other liquid) before pesach, and
preferably to strain it before pesach as well, is so that if there *is*
any chamets in there one can rely on bittul lach belach.   I am unsure
whether that would apply to chocolate, which was once liquid but is now
solid.

 > Kitniyos isn't the issue, chamets is.  Without a hechsher to ensure
that they're not *deliberately* adding something that has chamets in it,