[Avodah] Is any meat today kosher?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Mar 21 16:00:22 PDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 22, 2017 at 12:47:32AM +0200, Simon Montagu wrote:
: Where does he say it does? His whole point is that "kashrut" is a larger
: concept that whether a specific animal is treif or not.

So you say he's not talking about ksharus when he says the word kashrus.

But his implication is still that there is an issur cheftza on the
resulting meat. That hast yet to be proven. There might be an
issur derabbanan if there is a communal notion of mesayeiah -- if
the frum community supporting the white veal industry is en mass
mesayeia ZBC. I don't know if what's going on can create an
issur on me personally buying the meat.

But to us the word "kosher" would imply the meat may not be eaten.
Even if sypporting the industry is mesayeia, it would not prohibit
the meat once obtained. (And what if I obtained it as a gift, or
a guest at someone's se'udah, and mesayeia is a non-issue for me.)

Micha Berger             Feeling grateful  to or appreciative of  someone
micha at aishdas.org        or something in your life actually attracts more
http://www.aishdas.org   of the things that you appreciate and value into
Fax: (270) 514-1507      your life.         - Christiane Northrup, M.D.