[Avodah] Pesach - Lecithin does not render chocolate non-KLP for Ashkenasim

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Mar 21 07:06:15 PDT 2017

On 21/03/17 07:13, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
> <<Milk used to be a single product without additives. The only worry is
> that something got inadvertently mixed in.  If milk has additives, or is
> pasteurised or bottled on equipment that could easily be processing
> chamets as well, then I would think one surely needs a hechsher lepesach. >>
>
> Isn't (almost) all milk pasteurized?

Exactly.  Therefore the days when it was a simple product are long gone.

Though with a pasteuriser one could argue that it never processes
anything but milk, so it's not a problem.  But bottling equipment is
used for all sorts of things, especially nowadays when efficiency is key
and equipment is never allowed to lie idle.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all