[Avodah] kashering question

via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 20 12:42:57 PDT 2017

From: M Cohen via Avodah  <avodah at lists.aishdas.org>
"

>>> anyone have any idea  of how to kasher a faucet that has a pull down
sprayer
hose ?  <<<

>>  http://www.cor.ca/view/787/cor_passover_magazine_20175777.html

see pg  32

extend and dip in boiling water (be careful if plastic)  <<

Thank you for that very useful link.  Note: It's page 32 of the  magazine
but page 18 of the 59-page pdf

PS Because the shpritzer is difficult to clean properly and  because it is
mostly plastic, I've always been dubious as to its  kasherability, so I
personally do not use my shpritzer on Pesach. I pour boiling  water all over it
when I kasher the sink, but then I wrap it up with foil and  tape to remind
myself not to use it.  But my shpritzer is a separate thing  at the side of
the sink, not a pull-down part of the tap.

--Toby  Katz
t613k at aol.com
..