[Avodah] fruit tree

saul newman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 20 12:07:35 PDT 2017

when i looked at sources , [and i think the MB would agree with your take ]
, there seems to be a al pi derech sod approach that  davka nissan is the
time for the bracha.

now however, if i would follow my wife's [L ] practice , in which case
Nissan is the time , i can look at my blooms daily and still make the
bracha,
however, i had in the past made it in adar.   i am thinking now that
according to that line of thinking, the first time i saw the blooms would
have been the right time to do it ,
and i have essentially forfeited the right to make that bracha, like as if
i had done naanunim and then realize i didnt bench , i was mekayem the
mitzva.

so i am thinkng maybe wait till nissan and make without shem and
malchut---but i suspect it will be on someone else's tree, since in ten
days all the blossoms would likely be off.

also , the sod /Nissan people seem to hold there need be two trees
minimum....    but maybe the dwarf apple will bloom this year.   we had a
chiddush something called rain this year...