[Avodah] Will Purim Be The Only Yom Tov Left Standing After Moshiach Comes? Let's Take a Closer Look

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Mar 15 15:01:32 PDT 2017

On Wed, Mar 15, 2017 at 10:39:26PM +0200, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
: > Even when the cost benefit analysis advises action, there is still that
: > pesky cost.
:
: I find this a little like the tail the dog. We all study how Mordecai and
: Esther were the heros of Purim. The possible objections of members of the
: Sanhedrin has been lost in the dustbins of history.
: Yes it would be nice if Joseph would have been learning Torah all day
: instead of being viceroy to Pharoh but in the end he saved the family and
: so Jewish history.

And yet, the business about Mordechai not being ratzui to that mi'ut echav
because of his break from learning is the gemara, not me.

So rather than simply dismissing the idea, we have to understand how to fit
it in the bigger picture.