[Avodah] Will Purim Be The Only Yom Tov Left Standing After Moshiach Comes? Let's Take a Closer Look

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Mar 12 20:05:07 PDT 2017

Four mitzvot were created by three different people: Ester created the
Megilla reading, the people created the party and sending gifts to
friends, and Mordechai added in giving tzeddakah. While the mitzvot
invented by Mordechai and Ester are similar to Biblical mitzvot, the
people's response was quite the secular invention: a party.

In addition, given the way people act towards the modern day miracle
known as the State of Israel, I can see that people (then) acted as if
what happened was only politics, tactics, strategy. Of course part of
that is the Zionist in me talking. OTOH it is a simple truth that people
go to great lengths to deny any hint of the Divine in what happened in
1948. People being people, I can imagine similar responses back then.

Lastly when people say "It is clear" that usually means "I believe".

Ben