[Avodah] Will Purim Be The Only Yom Tov Left Standing After Moshiach Comes? Let's Take a Closer Look

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Mar 12 12:33:10 PDT 2017

On Sun, Mar 12, 2017 at 03:29:33PM -0400, Prof. Levine wrote:
: And what are the messages of Purim that are so different from the
: other holidays. Are not all of our "special" days (and even our
: ordinary days) tied to HaShem's special connection to the Jewish
: people?

Purim involves seeing the miracle in the ordinary.

When we stop seeing the difference between miracle and ordinary, they
all become equally about G-d's Hand in history. None of this "just as
He gave mon in the desert, so too He supports us through granting out
successes at our jobs." That message will already be known and
internalized. Mon, my job, all the same thing. It's all "Purim", so-called
randomness that isn't really random.

Micha Berger             If you won't be better tomorrow
micha at aishdas.org        than you were today,
http://www.aishdas.org   then what need do you have for tomorrow?
Fax: (270) 514-1507              - Rebbe Nachman of Breslov