[Avodah] What exactly is “Ayin Harah” and do we have to worry about it?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Mar 6 10:42:37 PST 2017

On Thu, Mar 02, 2017 at 03:12:34PM +0000, Professor L. Levine via Avodah wrote:
: Q. What exactly is "Ayin Harah" and do we have to worry about it? (A
: subscriber's question)

I brought here a few times in the past my argument that the usage in the
mishnah that an "evil eye" is a jealous one. It would therefore seem
that an ayin hara is the punishment one gets for making others feel
dissatistfied through one's flaunting and conspicuous consumption.