[Avodah] Hashgacha Pratit Web Site

Prof. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Mar 5 06:36:04 PST 2017

At 12:07 AM 3/5/2017, Ben Waxman wrote:
>Here is their web site:
>
>http://www.kashrut.org.il/en/
>
>Ben
I am really surprised that anyone could be so naive as to rely on a
"covenant of trust"  as the basis for giving hashgacha.  While it is
certainly true that if a proprietor wants to cheat on kashrus
standards, then even with a mashgiach temidi kashrus standards can be
violated,  to take away the fear that a mashgiach will check and find
something wrong is not at all wise.

The standards of this organization are very low IMO, and I fail to
see how anyone who is really concerned about kashrus would rely on it.

YL