[Avodah] On the Lomdus of the OU Responsum

Rich, Joel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Feb 22 23:48:30 PST 2017

Truth be told,  in many Chareidi circles the duty to be responsible for the family's financial security is now borne by women!   Dare one suggest that in these circles women supporting the family is not in consonance with past tradition?

Of course.  The elephant in the room is how do we (whichever branch of orthodoxy is under discussion) allocate our time (our most valuable resource) It seems that we have (consciously or unconsciously) undertaken a mass experiment in reassigning much of the time "traditionally" spent by parents in child raising. There are so many factors that have changed internally and externally that I doubt we will ever be able to prove the impact to anyone's satisfaction, given all the vested interests.

kol tuv
Joel RIch
THIS MESSAGE IS INTENDED ONLY FOR THE USE OF THE
ADDRESSEE.  IT MAY CONTAIN PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL
INFORMATION THAT IS EXEMPT FROM DISCLOSURE.  Dissemination,
distribution or copying of this message by anyone other than the addressee is
strictly prohibited.  If you received this message in error, please notify us
immediately by replying: "Received in error" and delete the message.
Thank you.