[Avodah] Going to a Hotel for Shabbos/Yomtov

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jan 30 13:09:02 PST 2017

On 30/01/17 14:51, Rabbi Meir G. Rabi via Avodah wrote:
> Who will be answering these questions?
>
> The hotel staff? The rabbi? The Mashgiach?
>
> And if one suspects they are cutting corners in Kashrus, can we consider
> their answers to our questions reliable?

I assume the mashgiach will be answering these questions, so we can
trust him to tell the truth.  The problems aren't what he knows but what
he doesn't know, the things they get away with when he's not looking.
The presumption is that if an owner wants to cheat no mashgiach will be
able to prevent him; the questions are designed to see whether these
owners are the kind of people who are likely to cheat.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all