[Avodah] Going to a Hotel for Shabbos/Yomtov

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Jan 28 17:27:49 PST 2017

On 28/01/17 19:28, Akiva Miller via Avodah wrote:

> Upon reading this, my first reaction was to wonder: Why isn't it
> sufficient to determine who is responsible for the kashrus, and then ask
> my trusted rav whether that hashgacha is reliable for me? The only
> answer I can think of for that, is that perhaps my rav is unfamiliar
> with the hashgacha, so I need to help him by doing some research into
> these questions.

This is in EY where the hotel's hechsher is certain to be rabbanut, and
you're trying to get an idea of how seriously the hotel takes its
kashrut, and thus whether they are likely to try to get away with
something they shouldn't.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all