[Avodah] Starting Chumash with Vayikra

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Wed Jan 25 10:48:16 PST 2017

On 25/01/17 13:33, Micha Berger via Avodah wrote:
> Does this machloqes with what R' Assi says in Shabbos mean that AdRN
> wouldn't call children tehorim and thus not advise starting with Vayiqra
> in particular?

I don't agree that it's a machlokes.  Children are clearly born with a
strong will, a YhR unmoderated by a YT, but they are also incapable of
sin. The YT comes when the child needs it, when he becomes capable of sin.

I don't think anyone disputes the characterisation of the learning of
tinokos shel beis rabban as "hevel she'ein bo chet", or as "Mipi olelim
veyonkim yisadta oz", etc.

--
Zev Sero                May 2017, with its *nine* days of Chanukah,
zev at sero.name           be a brilliant year for us all