[Avodah] pikuach nefesh?

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Mon Jan 23 13:38:53 PST 2017

I stumbled across another data point in Hilkhos Askanus researching
something that came up in another internet contretemps.

In Yabia Omer vol 7 YD #12, ROY pasqens that an Israeli politician that
is invited to pray in a Mosque is permitted to do so rather than offend
the contact inviting him.

This is not as extreme as some of the other cases. For example, most
posqim allowed davening at Me'aras haMachpeilah even when it was entirely
mosque.

But an interesting "coincidence" none-the-less. (Interesting to me,
that is.)

Micha Berger             It isn't what you have, or who you are, or where
micha at aishdas.org        you are,  or what you are doing,  that makes you
http://www.aishdas.org   happy or unhappy. It's what you think about.
Fax: (270) 514-1507                        - Dale Carnegie