[Avodah] pikuach nefesh?

Harry Maryles via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Jan 19 10:21:01 PST 2017

On Thursday, January 19, 2017 11:11 AM, Micha Berger wrote:
> Actually, this case is more about choosing to be in a position where
> safety requires violating derabbnans. Should they instead choose to be
> less involved in her father's presidency if it means lowering the risk
> and number of piquach nefesh situations.

I am not a Posek and could easily be mistaken. But I believe that at
this level of government, I am sure that there are many Heterim that
would apply about a variety if Issurim. I think all Poskim including
Charedi ones would agree with this statement. A leader as powerful as
POTUS requires us to be as accommodating to his demands as possible -
lest it affects the entirety of Klal Yisroel in negative ways.

[Email #2]

I should have said it requires those of us that directly serve him as
Jared and Ivanka will be. Not those of us that are merely citizens of
this country.

HM