[Avodah] children of Avos

Eli Turkel via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Mar 21 03:44:53 PDT 2017

<<Yaaqov was born in 2108 and goes to Mitzrayim in 2238, he's 130. Avraham
was "va'adoni zaqein" at 99, so however aging workd for the avos, we can
sure 130 was well past surprisingly old age for fathering children.>>

But Avraham had children much later with Hagar. If we take the midrash that
Yitzchak was 38 at the time of the akeidah and that Sara dies shortly
afterwards and that Avraham then married Hagar then Avraham was at least
140 when he started having another 6 children. Assuming they were not
sextuplets he was close to 150 for the last one.

Eli Turkel