[Avodah] Judge Willner

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sat Feb 25 12:33:16 PST 2017

Does Judge Yael Willner's (an Orthodox woman who is a scion of rabbinic
families. Further, were anyone today to participate in settlement
activities similar to what Judge Willner did in her youth, that person
would be labeled as being a right wing messianic extremist) appointment
in any way pose a question to those who oppose women rabbis because of
serarah? Her powers as a SC judge are, IMO, about 1000 times greater
than any dayan or even the Rav HaRashi; forget a shul rav.

Is this even a question or do people simply say "That is the secular
world, this is the Torah world, and even if we applaud her appointment
(which many do), it has no bearing what so ever on how we look at the
question of women and Torah"?

Ben