[Avodah] Mayim Acharonim, Chova?

Professor L. Levine via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Dec 1 15:31:18 PST 2016

A neighborhood housewife recently asked an interesting sheilah. Apparently, after hosting several friends and relatives for a Shabbos Seudah, she washed Mayim Acharonim along with the men, earning her much scorn and ridicule. The incredulous men commented that their washing Mayim Acharonim was only a chumrah, and there obviously was no basis for a woman to do it as well. Our distraught domestic denizen wanted to know who acted correctly, and was astounded when I replied that technically speaking they both were...

To find out why, read the full article "Insights Into Halacha: Mayim Acharonim, Chova?<http://sable.madmimi.com/c/10500?id=75620.483.1.dcbf29450060e6730f0a3e6d55735d43>" For all of the Mareh Mekomos / sources, just ask.

Insights Into Halacha<http://sable.madmimi.com/c/10500?id=75620.484.1.baeaf10483a25b1bf6d618ef96fd0560> is a weekly series of contemporary Halacha articles for Ohr Somayach. If you enjoyed the article, please share it with friends and family. To sign up to receive weekly articles simply email me.

kol tuv and Good Shabbos,
Y. Spitz
Yerushalayim
yspitz at ohr.edu<mailto:yspitz at ohr.edu>