[Avodah] God's Will in Syria

Ben Waxman via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Tue Dec 27 08:33:28 PST 2016

[Originally posted on Areivim. -micha]

>From an interview with Shivi Froman in Olam Katan (in reference to his
fundraiser for Syrians) (my translation):

    Q: You don't think that it is God's will (Hand of God) that our
    enemies are killing each other instead of uniting against us?

    A: No, I don't have those types of thoughts about God, he
    protests. The only thing that I thought was that God commanded to
    live as if the world was created for me. If I feel that something is
    lacking or there is pain in this world, then I am lacking something
    and the pain is mine. If I can imagine something that God is telling
    me about Syria, it is this: "I created for you a black hole, pain,
    incredible evil in this world. Go and do something about it." I can't
    imagine that God allows me to watch people created in His image doing
    these things to one another and telling "enjoy the show". That isn't
    my God.