[Avodah] rainbow

Zev Sero via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Fri Dec 23 10:46:01 PST 2016

C.   The RBSO doesn't need a reminder; we do.  When we don't need a
reminder they don't happen.  That doesn't mean we did something wrong at
the specific moment when they happen, it just means we're a generation
that needs such reminders from time to time, so we get them.

Before the flood either the laws worked differently so there were no
rainbows, or else rainbows had no special significance and were just
pretty things to give us pleasure and remind us to thank Hashem for
creating them.

Where did you see that A is normative, and that one must believe A?

--
Zev Sero                Have a brilliant Chanukah
zev at sero.name