[Avodah] R' Eliezer's wife and tachanun

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Thu Nov 24 10:57:26 PST 2016

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 12:45:44PM -0500, Zev Sero via Avodah wrote:
: Nefilas Apayim is a time for free-form personal prayer, after the
: formal scripted prayer of the Shemoneh Esrei.

Which is why we follow 28 and Tachanun with a Qaddish that asks the
RBSO "tisqabel tzelos-hon uva'us-hon -- to accept the tefillos and
requests".

Or as the Gra put it, tefillah and tachanunim. "Becharbi uvqashti".
I wrote more on these two modes of prayer at
http://www.aishdas.org/asp/prayers-and-requests

Micha Berger             "I think, therefore I am." - Renne Descartes
micha at aishdas.org        "I am thought about, therefore I am -
http://www.aishdas.org   my existence depends upon the thought of a
Fax: (270) 514-1507      Supreme Being Who thinks me." - R' SR Hirsch