[Avodah] bracha on matza

Micha Berger via Avodah avodah at lists.aishdas.org
Sun Nov 13 08:26:07 PST 2016

On Thu, Nov 10, 2016 at 11:44:22AM +0200, Eli Turkel via Avodah wrote:
: My assumption is that the sefardi custom is to make hamotzi on the type of
: matzah used for seder night. If that is a soft matzah than the crispy hard
: matzah would still be mezonot ad vice vesa

Yes, as implied by my question is that it would make more sense if the
Sepharadi practice distinguished by kind of matzah.

But the fact underlying the question is that in reality, it doesn't.
Lemaaseh Sefaradim switch berakhos by date, not by kind of matzah.

(Your assumption is at odds with my experience.)

Micha Berger             If you're going through hell
micha at aishdas.org        keep going.
http://www.aishdas.org                   - Winston Churchill
Fax: (270) 514-1507